Use of This Website and Privacy
By reading or using this website, you indicate your acceptance and agreement with the following terms and information. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this website.
(1) General Disclaimer – The Trailblazer Journals ("The Trailblazer Journals" and "Us") provides the information on these pages as a public service for informational purposes only. Information contained in these pages is not intended to be, and should not be taken as, advice. All information provided through this website, on our blog or through The Trailblazer Journal's email subscription are provided "as-is, where-is" and without any warranties of any kind, including the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Your use of this website does not constitute or establish a contractual relationship with us. However, you may subscribe to certain services through this website, in which case you agree to The Trailblazer Journals's Terms and Conditions or Design Services Agreement.
(2) Third Party Information Disclaimer - Certain links on this site lead to websites controlled by other parties over whom The Trailblazer Journals has no control. Therefore, The Trailblazer Journals makes no representation or warranty concerning the content or accuracy of third party information and expressly disclaims any liability therefore.
(3) Copyright & Trademark - This site and all the information it contains, including, but not limited to, articles, blog posts, designs, drawings, illustrations, photographs, videos, opinions, text, guides, trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos ("Protected Information") are the property of The Trailblazer Journals, its contributors, and licensors and is protected from unauthorized use, copying, distribution and dissemination by U.S. Copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. All rights reserved. You may not use our Protected Information without The Trailblazer Journal's express written consent.
This website tracks visitors for the purpose of analyzing user data and metrics. This is done through cookies and pixels, as well as other, more modern means as technology changes.
(5) Cookies, Log Files and Web Beacons
Like many other Web sites, we makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
You agree to receive email or other electronic communications from us including but not limited to newsletters, site updates, promotion resources, and other announcements and correspondence if you opted in to such email. You agree that all electronically-sent agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You agree to be bound by any agreement reached through electronic communications. We accept no responsibility for the accurate receipt of any such emails and you are responsible for ensuring that your email address is not blocked or impaired in any way, including by ensuring 'white-listing' of our email address.
If you unsubscribe from receiving our emails, you acknowledge and understand that you may no longer receive information or updates from The Trailblazer Journals, related courses, or any of our other properties.
This Platform is maintained by The Trailblazer Journals (“TBJ”). By using the Platform, you must comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. Please review these terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not use the Platform.
2. Intended Audience; Membership; Denial of Access.
a) If you create an account, you agree to provide, maintain and update true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself in the registration process. You will not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person’s username, password or other account information, or another person’s name, likeness, voice, image or photograph.
3. User Content.
a) You warrant and represent that all content added to the Platform by or at the behest of you or your agents or representatives, including, without limitation, messages, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials (“User Content”) is free of third-party claims and does not infringe the rights of any third party. By adding or uploading User Content, you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all rights to the User Content. TBJ is not responsible or liable for any User Content on the Platform. User Content does not express the views of TBJ. TBJ does not guarantee that it will edit or delete User Content. TBJ has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content. TBJ reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information TBJ knows about you) if a complaint or legal action arises from your behavior or User Content submitted or transmitted by you through the Platform. Unless otherwise specified, TBJ does not claim ownership of the User Content on the Platform. You acknowledge that TBJ is not responsible for the accuracy of any User Content and that you and not TBJ are solely responsible for any User Content you post or upload to the Platform. TBJ provides this Platform for entertainment, informational, and educational purposes only. You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed on the Platform for any other purpose. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of the content on this Platform. Under no circumstances will TBJ be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any content on the Platform.
b) By posting or uploading User Content to this Platform, you are granting TBJ permission to use the User Content in connection with the Platform. By submitting User Content, you also grant TBJ the right, but not the obligation, to use your biographical information, including, without limitation, your name and geographical location in connection with broadcast, print, online, or other use or publication of your User Content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive any and all claims you may now or later have in any jurisdiction to so-called “moral rights” with respect to the User Content.
5. Course Access and Availability. By purchasing access to a Course, you acknowledge that you are purchasing just that – access. Generally speaking, TBJ makes Course-related content available for as long as the Course runs, but no less than a period of five (5) weeks (the “Course Availability Period”). After that period, TBJ may revoke access to a Course, discontinue a Course, or otherwise change Course content in TBJ’s sole discretion. Put differently, TBJ has the sole and exclusive freedom to change any Course or discontinue any course after the Course Availability Period.
7. Personal and Non-Commercial Use of Platform. The Platform, and all Intellectual Property located in the Platform, is for your personal, educational, and non-commercial use, unless otherwise specified. You may not use any Intellectual Property or any service provided by the Platform for any other purpose, including any commercial purpose, without the prior express written permission of TBJ. You may not modify, copy, distribute, display, send, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works (or “spin-offs”) from — or transfer, sell or otherwise exploit or infringe on — any portion of the Platform, or on any intellectual property rights related to any Intellectual Property, or any products, or services obtained from or otherwise transmitted through the Platform. Any violation of this Section will be grounds for termination, with or without notice, and all other available legal action.
8. Compliance with Laws and Prohibited Uses. You will comply with all applicable laws regarding your use of the Platform. You assume all knowledge of applicable law and are responsible for compliance with all such laws. You are prohibited from using the Platform in any way that violates applicable state, federal, or international laws, regulations, or other government requirements. You are further prohibited from:
- Sharing your username and/or password with any other user or any third-party;
- Crossing appropriate boundaries – either with TBJ or with other users of the Platform – (where appropriateness will be determined by TBJ in TBJ’s sole discretion) including, but not limited to, unsolicited tagging, spamming, communicating with, or otherwise contacting other users (or TBJ) in connection with your business endeavors, campaigns, multi-level marketing endeavors, or otherwise;
- Using the Platform for any commercial uses or for the benefit of any third party, including, but not limited to, the sale of or permitting access to the Platform and Courses or any related content;
- Posting or transmitting material through the Platform that violates or infringes in any way on the rights of others, including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right or other intellectual property right, right to privacy, right of publicity, or personal, contractual, proprietary or other third-party right of TBJ or any other person or entity;
- Posting or transmitting material through the Platform that impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, lewd, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable;
- Posting or transmitting material through the Platform that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- Posting or transmitting material through the Platform that is an advertisement for goods or services or a solicitation of funds;
- Posting or transmitting material through the Platform that includes personal information such as messages that identify phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references;
- Posting or transmitting material through the Platform that contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury; material that is a chain letter or “spam” of any kind;
- Posting or transmitting material through the Platform where the licensed use of that material by TBJ would result in TBJ having any obligation or liability to any party; or
- Posting or transmitting material through the Platform that could be used to facilitate mail abuse or unsolicited email of any type (spam).
13. Use of Information. TBJ reserves the right, but not the obligation, at all times, to disclose any information it maintains about you as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
14. Public Forums. Public forums may be available through the Platform. If you use a public forum on the Platform and disclose personally identifiable information, you should be aware that such information could be read, collected or used by other users. TBJ is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit through public forums. You are and shall remain solely responsible for the content you post on these forums and the Platform and for the consequences of submitting and posting the same. You should be skeptical about information provided by others, and you acknowledge that the use of any content, including User Content, posted on the Platform is at your own risk.
17. Modification and Termination of the Platform. TBJ reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Platform or any part of the Platform, including, but not limited to, limiting participation and/or closing membership to any Course or the Community, with or without notice. You agree that TBJ will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Platform or any service.
Your privacy is important to Us. Generally, any information collected on this site will not be sold or shared with third parties. The Trailblazer Journals collects no personally identifying information (such as name and email address) through its website except when you specifically and knowingly provide the information (for example, when you sign up for our newsletter, ask to be contacted, or subscribe to services). Any information you provide is used solely for the stated purpose unless you agree in advance to additional use (for example, you may be asked if you would like to be added to an email list). You may request at any time to be removed from our lists. The Trailblazer Journal's website may use "cookies" to collect information, but basic information about your computer and its connection to the Internet (for example, the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access the website, etc.). The generic information is collected by cookies is used only to assist in site management and development for statistical purposes. This website contains links to other websites and The Trailblazer Journals is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
Effective Date: May 27, 2018.
We are committed to maintaining the privacy of the information you provide to us in using the Website.
- Your use of the Website;
- Your enrollment and participation in courses provided by us (all referred to as a “Course”); and/or
- Your membership in, and communications within, the Trailblazer Community.
Categories of Information We Collect:
A. Information You Provide to Us. You provide us with information that we collect when you:
- Make a purchase;
- Sign up for a Course;
- Sign up for the Community;
- Sign up for our newsletter;
- Opt into a freebie (like an eBook);
- Participate in a questionnaire; or
- Communicate with us – either on social media, by sending a direct message on another platform, or sending us an email.
Depending on which of the above activities you engage in, information you provide to us may include your first name, last name, physical address, email address, phone number, credit card or bank information, purchase history, and story, question, or other content you submit to us in message form.
B. A Special Note About Email Messages and Direct Communications. We receive many messages or inquiries from women who share specific questions, personal stories, and struggles with us. We may share some of those questions, stories, and struggles with our audience, but will never share your personal identifying information in connection with those stories without first seeking permission from you. We regret that we cannot respond to each and every communication.
C. Other Information We Receive and Store. We also receive information from you as a result of your visiting our Website, sending us emails including your IP address, your email address, your browser type and version, your operating system and platform, your purchase history, products you view, products or blog posts you search for, length of visits to pages and other browser interaction information. We incorporate tools such as Facebook pixels and Google Analytics in collecting such information to help us improve our site.
Use and Disclosure of Information We Collect
A. Use and Disclosure of Information. We will use and disclose your information only as follows:
- To allow you access to the Community (if you purchase a membership);
- To allow you access to a Course (if you purchase such access);
- To confirm your purchase(s) and/or opt-ins;
- To follow up to make sure such purchases are fulfilled;
- To communicate with you;
- To advertise and market our new offerings to you via email and via social media, specifically, Facebook and Instagram advertising;
- If, in the course of placing an order and/or opting into a freebie, you opt to receive emails from us, we will use such information to send you emails;
- If, in purchasing a course, you opt to receive emails from Teachable — the third-party that hosts a Course — we will disclose such information to Teachable;
- To protect the rights and safety of us, our shareholders, members, officers, employees and customers;
- As otherwise required by applicable law.
We receive, share, and process data through the following third parties:
- Facebook and Instagram (for purposes of marketing and advertising);
- MailChimp (for email marketing);
- Google (for email);
- Google, WordPress, and Squarespace (for website analytics);
- Stripe (for credit card processing); and
- Teachable (for Course hosting).
We disclose your information to third parties in the following situations:
- As reasonably required to fulfill your purchases and collect sums due to us (such as providing your information to credit card processors);
- Creation or facilitation of marketing and advertising campaigns;
- In receiving email resulting from your providing us with your information, such as in an opt-in form, purchasing a Course, or in signing up for our newsletter;
- To service providers that support our business, website operation, customer service, and marketing; and
- To protect the rights and safety of us, our shareholders, members, employees and customers (such as to legal representatives and law enforcement) as you expressly permit and as required by law (such as the result of a court subpoena).
- We may transfer your information in the event of the sale of substantially all of the assets of our business to a third-party or in the event of a merger, consolidation or acquisition. However, in such event, any acquirer of that information will be subject to the provisions of our commitments to you!
How to Request Information Collected or Maintained About You
Upon request, we will provide you with access to all information that we have collected and maintain about you. You can also request that information we have collected and maintained about you be deleted. You can access this information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Storage and Erasure
We store your data only for as long as it is necessary to provide services to you – such as the Course or Community – or until you delete your account or opt-out of our emails, whichever occurs first. If you enroll in a Course, we will store your data for as long as that Course is available (in order to allow you to access the Course materials at your leisure). If you sign up for the Community, we will delete your data within one (1) month of your express deactivation of, or failure to renew, your membership in the Community. If you have signed up for our email updates and do not affirmatively opt out, we will continue to maintain data pertaining to you that is necessary for the delivery of the email updates unless and until you affirmatively opt out. If you opt out of the email updates, we will delete your data within one (1) month of your opting out.
Note: If you request that data we maintain about you be deleted or erased, no one (neither us nor you) will be able to recover that information later.
We Cannot Guarantee The Security of the Website
We take seriously our obligation to safeguard the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal information collected from our users. As you can see, the Website uses an SSL (or “secure sockets layer”) certificate, which provides secure, encrypted communications between a website and internet browser. You should be aware, however, that no system is completely secure from hackers and network failure and error, and we cannot guarantee the confidentiality, security and integrity of information maintained on our Website for that reason.
Notification of Changes